Science 2020 - 2021
In year 5 and 6 we aim to deliver an exciting science curriculum so that the children have the chance to explore theories and facts through hands on experiences. Throughout the year we study five different topics. This is based on a two year cycle. We are working on the Year 6 programmes of study this year.
- Living things and their habitats, including life cycles of a mammal, amphibian, insect and bird.
- Animals, including humans, focusing on changes from birth to old age.
- Properties and changes of materials, including dissolving, separating and reversible changes.
- Earth and space, looking at the movement of the sun, earth and moon.
- Forces, including gravity, air resistance, water resistance and friction.
- Living things and their habitats, including classifying micro-organisms, plants and animals.
- Animals, including humans, focusing mainly on diet and exercise.
- Evolution and inheritance, looking at fossils, reproduction and adaptation.
- Light, looking closely at how it travels and how shadows are made.
- Electricity, analysing the function of lamps, buzzers, cells and switches.