Walliscote Primary School's attendance expectations
Regular attendance at school promotes pupils’ well-being and gives them the best chance of learning and reaching their potential. Pupils should attend school every day the school is open unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
Good attendance is important because pupils:
- get on better with learning and other children;
- cope better with school routines, work and friendships;
- find learning easier because they do not miss out;
- are more successful moving between primary school, secondary school, higher education and employment or training;
- are known to be safe and well by us.
Research shows a direct link between high attendance and doing well at school. All children have the right to an education.
How do I deal with school refusal and school anxiety?
It can be worrying if your child is refusing to go to school.
In this guide, you’ll find information on possible reasons for school refusal and anxiety and how you can get them the support they need.
Please refer to the ELAN Pupil Attendance Policy