Sports Premium FUNDING
PE and sport premium
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. The PE and sport premium can help primary school’s commitment to ensuring that children and young people have access to at least 60 minutes of sport and physical activity per day, with a recommendation of 30 minutes of this delivered during the school day. Schools must spend the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport. Schools receiving PE and sports premium funding publish details of the way in which PE and sports premium funding is spent.
At Walliscote Primary School, we target the five key indicators of effective use of sports funding:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school;
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement;
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport.
Meeting these five indicators ensure that sports, physical activity and physical and mental health are at the forefront of our spending. We endeavour for our children to experience new activities, reach personal goals and develop a solid grounding of the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle. We encourage participation, team work and competition to achieve sustainable habits, where the children, aim high, work hard and be kind.
Please click on the links for the following information:
- PE Rationale
- Detailed Statement of How We Spend our PE Funding at Walliscote Primary - 2021/22
- Detailed Statement of How We Spend our PE Funding at Walliscote Primary - 2020/21
- Detailed Statement of How We Spend our PE Funding at Walliscote Primary - 2019/20
- Information About Sports Participation in Term 3 and 4
- Sports Champion - Impact