These duties reflect our core aims and values.
We are committed to:
- promoting equality of opportunity
- promoting good relations between members of different racial, cultural and religious groups and communities
- eliminating unlawful discrimination
This policy sets out our commitment to tackle discrimination whether direct or indirect, individual or institutional and promoting equality of opportunity and good relations across all areas of school activities, including our dealing with parents and the community.
At Walliscote Primary School we will continuously strive to ensure that everyone in our school is treated with respect and dignity. Each person in our school will be given fair and equal opportunities to develop their full potential with positive regard to gender, ethnicity, cultural and religious background, age, sexuality or disability.
The School is committed to promoting good relations between persons of different groups and avoiding discrimination, whether direct or indirect. The school will actively promote equality, oppose discrimination in all its forms and foster positive attitudes, respect, equality and partnership as we work with pupils, parents, carers and the wider community.
Equality Objectives 2019-2022
- To use performance data to monitor pupil achievement and respond to variations between groups of pupils, subjects, key stages, trends over time and comparisons with other schools.
- To raise the awareness and skills of staff to promote fairness, equality and good relations in the context of their role.
- To provide an environment that welcomes, protects and respects diverse people.
- To ensure that all pupils and other stakeholders are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to school life.
- To increase pupil awareness and understanding of different communities through assemblies and cultural events.
- To raise awareness of the impact of bullying, especially where this relates to protected characteristics.
- To monitor the incidence of policy breaches.