Covid - 19 March 20th 2020
Friday, March 20, 2020
Thank you very much for your continued support and understanding during these incredibly challenging times.
The school will be closed to all children from 3.20pm today until further notice.
However, we will remain open to children of critical sector workers, to contribute to preserving life, and for vulnerable children. Those parents and carers will be contacted individually. Our staffing of this provision is likely to become increasingly challenging as the disease progresses.
Overnight the government released further information with respect to those working in critical sectors and our vulnerable children.
These are the key principles issued by the government in the documentation
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
Thank you again for your continued understanding during what is an unprecedented situation.
Heidi L Hudd
Interim Executive Headteacher