Our school lunches are provided by Aspens. To find out further information about Aspens please click on the link below:
School dinner costs £2.30 per day. You can pay using the Parentpay app, https://app.parentpay.com/public/client/security/v2/#/login. Please contact the office for your unique number.
Free School Meals
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to have a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ at lunchtime. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits – every child in these classes is eligible to take up the offer.
ALL YEARS - R-Y6 Do you know if your child is eligible for free school meals?
Criteria for free school meals for people on qualifying benefits
Children attending our schools whose parents or carers receive any of these benefits are entitled to free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual take home pay/met earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
If you think you may be eligible for Free School Meals then you can apply online www.n-somerset.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals. The new online system allows parents to have an instant result. Schools are able to ask parents for their details and apply on their behalf if required, so if you have any problems applying please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Children may also bring a packed lunch but not hot/fizzy drinks or glass containers. We ask that parents do not include nut products in packed lunches as we have children in school with nut allergies.
Children will receive free milk, a third pint carton up to their fifth birthday.
Children over the age of 5 can continue to receive milk in one of two ways:
If they are entitled to free school meals (not universal free school meals) milk can be provide free of charge throughout their time at school. Please contact the school office if your child is entitled to free school meals and would like to receive milk.
If children are not free school meal eligible, an opportunity to continue receiving milk beyond their fifth birthday is available at a cost. Please arrange this with the school office.
Walliscote spring/summer Menu 2022
Summer Term 5 and Term 6 - school menu